OUR CHURCH’S VISION is to fulfill the Mission of Jesus to His Church to make disciples who are:
Magnifiers of God
Missionaries where they Live
Ministers to all they meet
We see this mission being lived out in weekly worship service(s), evangelistic Bible studies in our own neighborhoods, and in ministry to our church, community, and world. We envision a time when our neighborhood Bible studies will be a network of cell groups in every High School district in Arlington and Mansfield.
OUR CHURCH’S CORE VALUES are made up of things that matter most to us, things that matter in ministry, and things that matter in managing the church well.
1. The Word of God
- Biblical Theology
- Biblical (Expository) Preaching
- Biblical Leadership
2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- The Good News of the Bible
- A Biblical Understanding of Conversion
- Biblical Evangelism
3. The Growing Christian
- Discipleship & Growth
- Church Membership
- Church Discipline
The arrangement is personal to us, but the terms are known as the 9 Marks of a Healthy Church. We know these are not the only meaningful things that mark a church, but they are characteristics that are often lacking in so many of today’s churches. We don’t want to be one of those churches, so these things matter most to us.
What Matters in Ministry:
1. Our Worship Matters– This means being a CHRIST-LOVER.
- It can be expressed by attendance at the Congregational Assembly for Corporate Worship.
2. Our Discipleship Matters– This means being a CHRIST-FOLLOWER.
- It is to be lived out in our Fellowship; i.e., the Covenant Community of the Church.
- It should be Lived out in our Relationships; i.e., Connecting with others outside the Church.
3. Our Mission Matters– This means being a CHRIST-WITNESS.
- It is doing the work of an Evangelist in your area(s) of giftedness, passions, & skills.
- It is being a Missionary right where you live.
4. Our Service Matters– This means being a CHRIST-MODEL.
- It is serving others as Christ did in our church, community, & world.
What Matters for Managing Church Well:
- Seeking God above all things- rather than the KILLER Bs: Bodies, Bucks & Buildings
- Sacrificial Giving to God- our Time, our Talents, our Treasure
- Good Stewardship of God’s Resources- His People, His Provisions, & His Purposes
- Setting Goals- specific, attainable, and faithful
- Success means Giving God the Glory- He is the famous one, not us