What does it mean to be a church? Well it’s safe to say- Church is a WHOLE lot more than a building of concrete, brick, & mortar.
The Church is a People- a God consecrated, God called, God community who calls upon Christ as Lord, in order to pursue the use of their Gifts, the unity of the Saints, & the preaching of the Gospel for the Glory of God.
Our church is in the middle of building a building, but while we are, our prayer is that God will build us into this vision of the PEOPLE He wants us to be.
You can go along with us in this study. At the bottom of this page are the audio links & PDF copies of the sermon notes. We will be updating this page every week as we travel through 1 Corinthians.
As often as you remember, we invite you to pray with us while we are in this building program. There’s a very real chance that we can get into it debt-free, & this is important to us. You can pray about that if you want, but more importantly you can pray for this- while we are building a building, please pray that God will be building us.
1. What does it mean to be a church? 1 Cor 1:1-3
2. No Church Left Behind. 1 Cor 1:4-9
3. Come Together. 1 Cor 1:10-17
4. The Message of the Cross. 1 Cor 1:17-25
5. To God Be the Glory. 1 Cor 1:26-31
6. The Ministry of the Spirit. 1 Cor 2:1-10
7. A Terrible Thing to Waste (the Mind of Christ). 1 Cor 2:11-16
8. The Perfect Church. 1 Cor 3:1-9
9. A Grace Temple. 1 Cor 3:10-17
10. Trial by Fire. 1 Cor 3:12-15
11. The Source Code. 1 Cor 3:16-23
12. The View from the End. 1 Cor 4:1-5
13. Ministry Fair- The Spectacle of Apostleship. 1 Cor 4:6-13 (no audio)
14. Shepherding a Church’s Heart. 1 Cor 4:14-21
15. To Save a Life (A Theology of Church Discipline 1). 1 Cor 5:1-5
16. Contagion- Stop the Spread of Sin (Theology of Church Discipline 2). 1 Cor 5:6-8
17. The Company We Keep (A Theology of Church Discipline 3). 1 Cor 5:9-13
18. Worthy to Judge, 1 Cor 6:1-8
19. The Way we Were, 1 Cor 6:9-11
20. The High Price of Honoring God, 1 Cor 6:12-20
21. The Gift of Marriage, 1 Cor 7:1-7
22. The Grace of Marriage, 1 Cor 7:8-16